Learn and hack on LoRa enabled IoT projects.
Come Join the Movement.
LoRaWAN IoT news and applications have been coming on thick and heavy because this IoT standard promises low-cost implementation, rapid scalability and economic operation. The technology, supporting business and community applications are bursting.
LoRaWAN connects low-cost, battery-operated sensors over long distances in applications that were previously cost prohibitive to connect.LoRaWAN gateways deployed on a building or tower can connect to sensors more than ten miles away. TheLoRaWAN protocol offers bi-directionality, security, mobility and accurate localization that are not addressed by other IoT technologies. These benefits will enable diverse use cases on global LoRaWAN IoT networks.
Come join us:
- If you are interested in Internet of Things technology, join us. (No experience required).
- If you are on a team, at a start-up or in an enterprise setting, that is aggressively pursuing IoT applications, join us.
- If you are interested in devices, sensors, modules, network servers APIs and application servers, join us.
- If you are interested in integrating IoT hardware and software, join us. (Background in any hardware or software is welcome.)
- If you are interested in the business of IoT, from start-up to enterprise, municipalities and in the community, join us.
You will take a package of IoT hardware and software and create solutions for your environment, your community, your home, your city, your factory or business.
We'll get you up to speed with new technologies and create applications that interact with sensors.
You will leave with greater understanding of the technologies involved, end-to-end IoT solutions, data and workflow.
You will present your open source*LoRaWAN IoT project to judges, that will be shared with global IoT houses. (* open source using the standard MIT License)
Will the hackathon venue be available to hackers overnight?
- The Drexel Innovation Studio venue will not be open for overnight hacking so please plan accordingly.
What should I bring?
- Any Power/Charging adapters you need for your devices
How can I prepare for HackIoT?
- Familarize yourself with these technologies:
LoRaWAN 101 Presentation
ST Microelectronics B-L072Z-LRWAN1 LoRa®Discovery Kit_
- If you are interested in Internet of Things technology and applications in business and/or the community, join us. (No experience required).
- Teams Size - Teams must not exceed more than 4 members maximum
- Prize Eligibilty & Awards - Only Projects that integrate the full __hardware/software tech stack (ST Micro devices, Senet LoRaWAN network, Microshare Platform) will be eligible
Prizes & Awards
- Prizes will be awarded to the teams that demonstrate the most innovative projects using LoRaWAN technology and will be judged by creativity, usability, technical difficulty and use of the full hardware/software tech stack.
How to enter
All Hackers must register here on Devpost & on the HackIoT Philly Site.
Co-Chair Market LoRa Alliance
Director Consulting Services Senet
Provide innovative solutions -innovate using the tech stacks provided. Keep in mind that you are innovating with a stack that includes hardware, applications and data. So innovate in all areas.
What Problem are you Solving?
Clearly identify the problems being solved & demonstrate the how your project will solve your issue.
Degree of technical complexity. Keep in mind that you are working with hardware, software and data.